BEACHES OF THE CARIBBEAN
THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND I AM REALIZING IT IS A BIGGER UNDERTAKING THAN I THOUGHT SO IT IS GOING TO TAKE AWHILE TO COMPLETE.
THE PREMISE OF THE PAGE WILL BE TO LIST THE ISLANDS OF THE CARIBBEAN AND THEIR ASSOCIATED BEACHES. THERE ARE A LOT OF BEACHES AND I AM CERTAIN I MISSED A FEW. LET ME KNOW IF I MISSED YOUR FAVORITE.
CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR UPDATES: GRENADA & CARRIACOU IS NOW COMPLETE, UP NEXT IS GUADELOUPE.
- Barnes Bay - unusual rock formations with great views and good for windsurfing.
- Blowing Point - ferry port with secluded beach area for picnics and swimming.
- Captain's Bay - wide stretch of white sand with rock cliff book ends.
- Cove Bay - long, curved beach with brilliant blue water and flour soft sand.
- Crocus Bay - backdrop of huge cliffs, shallow water and view of little cays.
- Elsie Bay - good for swimming just before the coral formations and good snorkeling.
- Forest Bay - shallow water and clear snorkeling at lower area of bay.
- Island Harbour - crescent shaped and slender lined with palm trees and calm water.
- Katouche Bay - small beach located at the bottom of island's rain forest.
- Limestone Bay - quiet and secluded and nesting ground for turtles and iguanas.
- Little Bay - small quiet cove accessible by climbing down a cliff or a water taxi.
- Little Harbour - protected on all sides and no waves on the beach.
- Long Bay - long stretch of sand and good for sunbathing.
- Maunday's Bay - completely surrounded by Cap Juluca resort - access through resort.
- Meads Bay - one of the longest beaches on the island.
- Mimi Bay - not for swimming, but good for hiking and shelling.
- Prickly Pear Cay - located off the north coast and good for snorkeling trips.
- Rendezvous Bay - longest beach with powder soft sand and calm, clear water.
- Sandy Bay Hill - a crescent protected bay and a local favorite.
- Sandy Ground - long curved beach with salt pond behind and fishing boats in the bay.
- Sandy Island - tiny beach located off the north coast with BBQ lunch and bar
- Savannah Bay - crescent shape, breezy framed by sand dunes with shallow water.
- Shoal Bay East - long, most popular on the island with white, powder soft sand.
- Shoal Bay West - curved with white sand and views of Saba and St Martin.
ANTIGUA 365 BEACHES - ONE FOR EACH DAY OF THE YEAR
- Carlisle Bay - curved, expansive beach with fine sand, clear water and palm fringed.
- Crab's Hill - gentle trade winds, good for tanning, great view of Montserrat on clear day.
- Curtain Bluff - great for watersports and swimming.
- Darkwood Bay - white sand ,cool breezes, crystal clear blue water, great snorkeling.
- Deep Bay - arched beach, a wreck in the middle of the bay for snorkeling.
- Dickenson Bay - water sports and boaters and calm water, powder soft sand.
- Dutchman's Bay - north of airport and good for windsurfing and kitesurfing.
- Fort Bay - local favorite, cruise ship visited beach, a sports beach.
- Frye's Bay - powdered white sand, calm water, and good snorkeling.
- Galleon Beach - within Nelson's Dockyard, golden sand, calm waters, good snorkeling.
- Galley Bay - white sands, blue waters, surfing, large swells, and turtles use for nesting.
- Great Bird - calm, clear blue shallow water, catamaran day tours, good snorkeling.
- Green Island - uninhabited island, with white sands, snorkeling, and excursion stops.
- Half Moon Bay - crescent shaped, fine pink sand with cool breezes and an active surf.
- Hawksbill Bay - four secluded, quiet beaches.
- Hermitage - white sand beach with tropical gardens on site.
- Jabberwock Bay - mile long white sand beach, a local favorite, windsurfing.
- Jolly Beach - mile long powder, bright white sand with nearby amenities
- Long Bay - near Devils Bridge, fine white sand beach and a popular beach.
- Morris Bay - clear waters, palm fringed beach, excellent for watching sunsets.
- Pigeon Point - local favorite with calm waters and fine white sand, good snorkeling.
- Rendezvous Bay - secluded beach accessible by foot or boat.
- Runaway Beach - very popular, expansive beach with nearby resorts.
- Turner's Beach - cool breezes, white sand, cruise ship visited.
- Valley Church - powder white sands, calm water, and local fishing boats.
- Windward - breezy and cool with a rocky shoreline and good for sun bathers.
- Coco Point - crescent beach of white sand, fringed by low palms, and local resort.
- Hog Bay - east coast near the caves, good for beachcombing.
- Palm Beach - gently curving 13 mile white sand beach interspersed with pink sands.
- Pink Sand Beach - 8 miles of rose colored silky sand.
- Rubbish Bay - near the caves and littered with driftwood, good beachcombing.
- Andicuri - white powder sand, huge waves, strong currents, better for surfing.
- Arashi Beach - powder soft white sand with calm waters for swimming and snorkeling.
- Baby Beach - soft white powder sand, warm, calm,shallow water, good for families.
- Bachelors Beach - white powder sand, snorkeling, windsurfing, not for swimming.
- Boca Catalina - small, white sand, calm shallow water, lots of fish, good snorkeling.
- Boca Grandi - white sands, no facilities, extreme sports of kiteboarding, windsurfing.
- Boca Prins - small strip of sand, dangerous waves, sunbathing, sand dune backdrop.
- De Palm Island - white powder sand, gentle waves, excellent snorkeling.
- Dos Playa - rocky coastline, white beach, large waves, locals go here for surfing.
- Druif Beach - broad beach, brilliant white powder sand, calm water, good swimming.
- Eagle Beach - miles of white powder sand, good surf, motorized watersports.
- Grapefield Beach - blinding white sand, boulders, very rough waves - no facilities.
- Hadicurari Beach(Fisherman's Huts) - white powder sand, shallow water, windsuring.
- Malmok Beach - tiny bays fringed with white sand, shallow water, popular snorkeling.
- Manchebo Beach - largest, tops optional, steady brisk surf. Merges with Druif beach.
- Mangel Halto - white powder sand, favorite picnic area, shallow water.
- Palm Beach - long stretches of white powder sands as far as you can see, resort area.
- Palm Reef Island - accessible by ferry, mounds of white powder sand.
- Renaissance Island - broad stretch of white powder sand, calm water, for hotel guests.
- Rodgers Beach - soft, white powder sand with reef protected water.
- Sonesta Island - private retreat, white sand, secluded coves, protected swimming area.
- Santo Largo - white sand, shallow water, no facilities.
- Surfside Beach - beach club - calm water, good swimming.
- Bluff House Beach - secluded beach on 12 acres of palm and pine trees.
- Gilliam Bay Beach - gently curved white sand beach protected from wind.
- Guana Cay - 7 miles cream sand, great snorkeling, swimming, palm tree fringed.
- Pelican Cay - curved beach, pure white sand, good for swimming, shelling.
- Tahiti Beach - soft white sand, secluded, popular, quiet, romantic beach. boaters stop.
- Treasure Cay - 3 miles sparkling white powder sand, popular recreation beach.
- Morgan's Bluff - wide, quiet, no facilities, fringed with palms, boaters visit.
- Small Hope Bay - white sand, coved beach, snorkel from shore.
- Sugar Beach - fine white sand divided by rock bluffs, calm water, good snorkeling.
- Blister Beach - long white sand beach, secluded, clear water, good snorkeling.
- Radio Beach - white sand, clear water, good snorkeling, good swimming.
- Shell Beach - secluded, calm waters, good snorkeling.
- Spook Hill Beach - next to a cemetery, white sand, calm water, good snorkeling.
- Tiki Hut Beach - 2 miles of white sand lined with contrasting vegetation.
- Fernandez Bay Beach - 1 mile prisitine white sand cove, coconut palm shade.
- Fine Beach - ten miles of pink sand, quiet.
- Fountain Bay - in ground natural fountain, mile long beach ends with a lagoon.
- Greenwood Beach - 8 miles of pink sand, good snorkeling.
- North Shore Beach - 5 miles of pink sand.
- Old Bight - 5 miles of pure white sand, beachcombing, picnic, sunbathing.
- Pigeon Cay - 3 miles white powdery sand.
- Cocodimama - known for shells, secluded with sky blue water, good for children.
- Club Med Beach - Club Med destroyed, but wide expanse beach with popular bistros.
- Gaulding's Cay - long stretch white sand, shallow aqua water, good snorkeling/diving.
- Pink Sands - 3 miles of pale pink talcum soft sand, shallow, lots of waves.
- Surfers Beach - serious surfing, nightly bonfires, younger crowd.
- Jolly Hall Beach - long curved sparkling white sand, shaded, quiet, families.
- Pelican's Bay Beach - crescent of white powder sand, longest beach of the island.
- Sandy Cay - sugar white sand, shelling, few visitors
- Stocking Island - offshore island, white sand, popular with sailboats, Sunday pig roast.
- Warderick Wells Cay - white sand, huge skeleton of sperm whale dominates beach.
- Barbary Beach - fine sand, shells, secluded with shallow pools for snorkeling.
- Deadman's Reef - very soft sand, calm shallow water, good snorkeling.
- Fortune Beach - named for a shipwreck discovery, quiet beach.
- Gold Rock Beach - five miles of white sand, secluded and amazing at low tide.
- High Rock Beach - wide expanse of beach, secluded, clear water.
- Lucaya Beach - popular tourist beach with many activities.
- Mather Town Beach - secluded, limited activities, great for swimming.
- Paradise Cove - secluded beach with great snorkeling.
- Silver Point - not as busy as Xanadu, volleyball, watersports.
- Taino Beach - white sand, family beach, watersports.
- Williams Town - tree lined beach, great snorkeling and swimming.
- Xanadu Beach - crowded, calm water, good for families.
- Cape Santa Maria - 4 miles of soft white sand, aqua, pale blue, and turquoise water.
- Deal's Beach - 2 miles long, shallow, tree lined beach, picnics.
- Galloway Landing - a locals beach, secluded, kayak, snorkel, swimming, lagoons.
- Greenwood Beach - 8 miles of pink sand - best pink sand on the island.
- Millerton's School Beach - mile long yellow/white soft sand, shells, secluded bay.
- Adelaide Beach - visit at low tide to reveal stretches of sand and seashells.
- Cabbage Beach - most crowded, 3 miles white sand, lined with shade trees.
- Caves Beach - least crowded, small beach with few amenities.
- Cable Beach - 2.5 miles of white sand, hotels, good for families, hotels.
- Goodman's Bay - part of Cable Beach, no amenities,crowded on weekends.
- Jaws Beach - named after the movie Jaws that was filmed here, crystal clear water.
- Junkanoo Beach(Western Esplanade) - man made, downtown Nassau, spring break.
- Love Beach - white sand, small quiet beach, good for snorkeling
- Orange Hill Beach - white sand, shallow water, swimming, reef 150yds off-shore.
- Paradise Beach - powder white sands, clear warm water, watersports, snorkeling.
- Rock Point Beach - James Bond's Thunderball filmed here.
- Sandyport Beach - small secluded beach with good swimming.
- Saunders Beach - white sand, calm clear blue water, tourists and locals.
- South Beach - white sand as far as you can see
- Bonefish Bay - 3 mile bright white sand like talcum powder, calm turquiose water.
- Accra Beach(Rockley) - white sand, shallow water, beach bar, snack wagon, playground.
- Alleynes Bay - stretch of white sand, snorkeling, hotels, among island's best.
- Barclays Bay - 3 mile beach, pink sand, part of Barclays 50-acre park.
- Bath - reef protected beach, picnic spot, snack bar and playground, great for shelling.
- Bathseba - surfing beach, surfing competitions, rum shops and restaurants no swimming.
- Batts Rock - good swimming, snorkeling, and children's area, picnic benches and shade.
- Bottom Bay - 1/4 mile, island's best beach, white sand, black coral cliffs, coconut palms.
- Brandons Beach - white sand, broad sweeping beach popular with locals.
- Brighton Beach - white sand, long strip popular with cruise passengers, active beach.
- Brownes Beach - long stetch fine white sand, great swimming, calm waters, snorkeling.
- Carlisle Bay - curved,white sand, off-shore wreck, great snorkeling, few waves.
- Casuarina Beach - pure white sand, wide beach with breeze and "lively" water.
- Cattlewash - surfing and boogie boarding, rough water, strong currents, rock pools.
- Church Point - narrow, sheltered, marine reserve with great snorkeling, picnic beach.
- Crane Beach - soft, pink sand with turquoise water and limestone cliffs, picnic, big waves.
- Discovery Bay - curved beach, good swimming, watersports, activities and lunch spot.
- Dover Beach - long wide beach, white sand, light breeze, watersports, hotels, vendors.
- Drill Hall - pink sand shallow water, picnic spot, rock pools, winter time boogie boarding.
- Fitts Village - pure white sand, quiet, local favorite, good snorkeling nearby.
- Foul Bay - mile of powdery white sand, big waves, body surfing, stong undertows, picnic.
- Gibbs Beach - bright white sand and great swimming. Quiet beach.
- Ginger Bay - near Crane Beach - 1/2 mile long white sand beach - rather deserted beach.
- Glitter Bay - gold sand, great swimming, sunbathing.
- Harrismith Beach - secluded narrow beach, shallow lagoon, protected reef.
- Heywoods - tree lined golden sand beach. Shallow reef good snorkeling and natural pools.
- Long Beach - longest single beach on island, rough water, kite/windsurfing.
- Martin's Bay - shallow reef-protected bay with rock pools, fishing village, lots of lobster.
- Miami Beach - pink sand, turquoise water, protected swimming area, picnic, shade, busy.
- Mullins Bay - shallow water, beach bar. Waterpsorts, umbrellas for rent, gets crowded.
- Needham's Point - powder white sand, calm water, reef protected, great swimming.
- Paradise Beach - 1/2 mile secluded beach, good swimming, sunning, and sunsets.
- Paynes Bay - broad, sweeping curve, good swimming, snorkeling(turtles), great for walks.
- Pebbles Beach - calm water, picnic area, children's area, swimming, turtle nesting.
- Port St Charles - 1300ft broad beach in front of apartments - waterpsorts.
- Reeds Bay - bright white sand, quiet unspoiled beach, marked swimming area. Little shade.
- Sandy Beach - narrow white sand beach with protected reef, shallow calm water.
- Sandy Lane - widest, broad bay beach with great sand and watersports.
- Silver Sands - white sand, breezy, very active beach, wind/kitesurfing.
- Six Mens Bay - small stretch of beach in a fishing village with Fish Pot restaurant nearby.
- South Coast Boardwalk - mile long boardwalk along white sand beach & turquoise water.
- Tent Bay - near Bathsheba, fish market, boats line the shore, strong currents.
- Worthing Beach - white sand beach, coral reef, calm waters, good swimming, snorkeling.
- Goff's Caye - 1.2 acre uninhabited, white sand, warm clear water, picnic, snorkel, relax.
- Great Blue Hole - 407ft deep, 985ft wide, known for snorkeling, diving, not beaching.
- Half Moon Caye - a few facilities, exploring, birdwatching, snorkeling, diving.
- Laughing Bird - small, picturesque, snorkeling, diving, fishing, coconut trees.
- Lighthouse Reef - home of Great Blue Hole - snorkeling, diving, kayaking, small beach.
- Placencia Beach - 3 mile lagoon narrow stretch of sand, 2nd largest barrier reef.
- South Water Caye - white sand, tropical paradise, warm clear water, snorkeling, diving.
- Turneffe Beach - golden sand, small beach, snorkeling, diving, fishing.
- Beach - 25 mile long island of sand, lagoon, mangroves, crystal clear water, snorkeling.
- Astwood Cove - quiet, secluded, sits under a steep cliff, picnic, hiking.
- Chaplin Bay - pink sand, coral wall surrounding cliffs, secluded, 1/2 mi trail to Horseshoe.
- Church Bay - pink sand, sunbathing, calm water, sheltered reef, snorkeling.
- Clearwater Beach - man-made, hiking trails, playground, families.
- Elbow Beach - pale pink sand, calm water, swimming, part of beach public, snorkeling.
- Grape Bay Beach - soft white sand, blue water, private beach.
- Horseshoe Bay - most popular, crescent shape, pink sand, activities, can get crowded.
- Jobson Cove - pink sand, small cove beach enclosed, clear calm water, sandy bottom.
- John Smith's Bay - long flat with pale pink sand, calm clear water.
- Mangrove Bay - gentle curve lined with mangroves, swimming, fishing, picnic.
- Parson's Bay - white strip of sand, quiet sheltered beach, picnic.
- Shelly Bay - soft pink sand, calm waters, well-known, but not crowded.
- Somerset Long Bay - not for swimming, small crescent shape, strolling beach, secluded.
- Tobacco Bay - pale pink sand, lots of facilities and activities, most frequented.
- Warwick Long Bay - half-mile, offsore coral formations, pink sands, calm water, seclusion.
- West Whale Bay - humpbacks in spring, small, pink sand, rocky cliff, calm shallow water.
- Bachelor Beach - small stretch of sand, swimming, picnic area.
- Boka Kokolishi - black sand, not for swimming, lava stone, hiking.
- Boca Slagbaai - little sand, rough beach, good snorkeling, coral gardens, swimming.
- Cai Beach - busy weekends. calm waters, swimming.
- Klein - island, white sand, good drift snorkeling, no shade, no facilities.
- Lac Bay - pink sand, diving, snorkeling, kayaking, facilities available kite/wind surfing.
- 1000 Steps Beach - white sand, coral chunks, good snorkeling, diving.
- Pink Beach - pink coral, snorkeling, no shade, no facilites.
- Playa Chikitu - no swimming, immense waves, coves and sand dunes.
- Playa Frans - little sand, good snorkeling, quiet.
- Playa Funchi - little sand, iguanas, snorkeling, no facilities, lagoon, flamingos.
- Playa Lechi - crowded beach, swimming, sunbathing, snorkeling.
- Sorobon Beach - wide beach, powder white sand, windsurfing, sheltered cove, facilities.
- Windsock Beach - small stretch of white sand, swimming, diving, rocky shoreline.
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
- Bones Bight - deserted stretch of white sand, secluded, snorkeling, no facilities.
- Cow Wreck Bay - long stretch of beach, great sand, diving, Cow Wreck beach bar.
- Loblolly Bay - very popular, shade, great snorkeling & diving, beach bars.
- Pomato Point - broad beach, calm & protected water, snorkeling.
- Manchioneel Bay- light brown sand, calm waters, palm trees, great snorkeling, reef.
JOST VAN DYKE
- Diamond Cay - white sand, little shade, great snorkeling.
- Great Harbour - thin strip, boat traffic, Foxy's beach bar, not for swimming.
- Green Cay - small beach with palm trees, great snorkeling.
- Little Harbour - small beach, lagoon bay, reached by boat, food and drink.
- Sandy Cay - white sand, crowded, reached by boat, snorkeling, desert-like beach.
- White Bay - very white sand, snorkeling, cruise ship passengers, beach bars.
- Buttonwood Bay - white sand, great snorkeling restaurant, watersports.
- Deadman's Bay - long curve, fine white sand, good snorkeling, watersports.
- White Bay - crescent shaped, white sand, calm & deserted, good snorkeling.
- Apple Bay - a surfer's beach, narrow, white sand, surfing & swimming.
- Brandywine Bay - fine white sand, protected, swimming, no services.
- Brewer's Bay - palm trees, great swimming and snorkeling, reefs, undertow at times.
- Cane Garden Bay - curving beach, white sand, calm water, snorkeling, watersports, facilities, very busy.
- Guana Island - offshore, white sand, public but used for hotel guests.
- Josiah's Bay - surfer's beach, big wave breaks and undertows.
- Lambert Bay - wide beach, palm fringed, undertow in winter, bar & restaurant.
- Little Bay - wide beach, small - private , rough road access.
- Long Bay - mile long beach, white sand, swimming, villas and cottages, palm trees.
- Long Bay East - Beef Island - long beach, secluded, turquoise water, families, picnics.
- Smuggler's Cove - curved beach with palm trees, snorkeling, sunbathing - no facilities.
- Trellis Bay - two bays - one secluded, shallow protected water, boat docks, facilities, very fine sand.
- Trunk Bay - secluded, most beautiful, relaxing, accessible by hiking.
- Well Bay - protected, calm & shallow water, good for kids, families.
- The Baths - light yellow sand, massive boulders, shallow coves, reefs, scenic.
- The Crawl - giant boulders, small cove, good for children & beginner snorkelers.
- Little Dix Bay - hidden cove, white sand, breaking reef.
- Long Bay - secluded, good for bird watching & beachcombing, great views.
- Mahoe Bay - cruving beach, white sand, bright blue water, lagoon.
- Oilnut Bay - crescent shaped, coarse sand of coral, shallow calm water in reef.
- Prickley Pear Island - Vixen Point - calm, swimming, snorkeling.
- Savannah Bay - offhshore reef, white sand, protected, good snorkeling.
- Spring Bay - white sand, clear water, near the Baths, not as busy, good snorkeling.
- Trunk Bay - wide beach, white sand, cove with huge boulders.
- Vixen Point - large beach, white sand, clear water, beach bar.
- 7 Mile Beach - 6 1/2 miles powdery white sand, facilities, snorkeling, most popular.
- Cayman Kai - white sand, quiet, swimming, snorkeling, sunbathing, palm trees.
- Cemetery Beach - talcum soft sand, clear calm water, snorkeling, marine life, starfish.
- Governor's Beach - soft white sand, blue water, seagrape trees, no facilities.
- Heritage Beach - secluded, picnic, not great for swimming, scenic views, picnics.
- Kaibo Beach - snorkeling, activities, watersports, beach bar & grill, great food.
- Rum Point - soft sand, facilities, watersports, snorkeling, shade, near Stingray City.
- Spotts Beach - white sand, barrier reef, calm water, snorkeling, huts.
- Smith's Cove - small cove, protected swimming & snorkeling, shade, picnic tables.
- Water Cay - peaceful, secluded, few crowds, swimming.
CAYMAN BRAC & LITTLE CAYMAN
- Owen Island - deserted & secluded, excellent snorkeling, water access, picnic.
- Sandy Point - pink hued white sand, tranquil, snorkeling, swimming, few amenities.
- Gandoca - dark sand, strong currents, deep water, turtle nesting
- Parismina - rough, not recommended for swimming
- Playa Blanca - white sand, coconut palms, mile long, some rip currents near park.
- Playa Chiquita - quiet beach with coral reefs, natural pools, swimming.
- Playa Cocles - yellow sand, steady surfing waves, strong currents.
- Playa Manzanillo - pristine, tranquil, fine sand, shade, snorkeling, swimming, coral reef
- Playa Negra - black sand, long wide beach, big waves, surfers, calm waves.
- Puerto Vargas - coral reef, white-faced monkeys, snorkeling, swimming.
- Punta Uva - curved beach crystal clear water, sunbathing, swimming.
- Tortuguero - dense palms, strong currents, turtle nesting.
- Azul - small beach, white sand, decent snorkeling, strong currents at times.
- Bonita - wide, white sand beach in a cove, shallow water, few amenities, swimming.
- Bush - Bob Marley Bar, natural blow hole, shade, hammocks, civeche.
- Chankanaab - white sand, lagoon, diving, snorkeling, dolphin swim, national park.
- Chen Rio - protected cove for swimming, shade, lush vegation, rock caves.
- Club Caribe - white sand, blue green water, swimming, snorkeling, Buccanos Beach Bar & Grill - great seafood.
- Corona - very little beach, snorkeling from shore, good for beginners, reef, marine life.
- Dzul-Ha - crystal clear water, nearby reef, snorkeling, marine life, facilities, watersports.
- Mia - most popular & largest beach, theme park style, food, drinks, busy beach.
- Nachi Cocum - laid back, swim up bars, food, snorkeling, water activities.
- Oriente - famous for Mezcalitos bar, peaceful beach, riptides, beach sports.
- Palancar - fine white sand, quiet, shallow water, narrow beach, palm fringed.
- Paradise - wide beach, white sand, palm shade, snorkeling, activities, watersports.
- Punta Morena - pristine beach, laid back, big surf, blow holes, palm trees.
- Punta Sur - white sand, calm clear water, reef, drift snorkeling, horseback riding.
- San Francisco - powder soft white sand, clear water, swimming, water sports.
- San Juan - windy popular with windsurfers, rocky shore, shade, snorkeling, facilities.
- San Martin - long beach, wild unspoiled white sand, calm water, strong undercurrents.
- Santa Pilar - long beach, white sand, sheltered, shallow water, swimming.
- Sunset - close to San Miguel, snorkeling, diving, watersports, facilities, clear water.
- Uvas - near San Miguel, shallow waters, snorkeling, swimming marine life, reefs.
- Barbara Beach - expansive, bar, topless bathing, locals, families, shade, watch yachts.
- Blue Bay - large shady beach, soft white sand, facilities, watersports, bar, food.
- Boca Santa Cruz - wide beach, cloudy from mangroves, birdwatching.
- Caracasbaai - coarse sand & pebble beach, good snorkeling, locals, calm water.
- Cas Abao - white sand, bright blue clear water, swimming, snorkeling, sunbathing.
- Daaiboobaai - small bay, white sand, rocky ledge, good snorkeling, shade, snack bar.
- Forti - calm clear water, coarse brown sand & tiny pebble beach, no shade, snack bar.
- Groot Knip - large beach, white sand, turquoise water, swimming, snorkeling.
- Hook's Hut - watersports, beach bar, calm surf, shady, relaxed.
- Jan Thiel Beach - little sand, large open bay, wading, snorkeling, family beach.
- Jeremi - narrow cove, rocky patches on sandy beach, no facilities, secluded, clear water, little shade.
- Kalki - limestone cliffs, small sandy beach, snorkeling, diving, quiet.
- Kenapa - narrow beach, partly shaded, weekend snack bar, cliff-side lookout.
- Klein - longest and whitest beach, diving, located offshore, huts, snorkeling.
- Knip Beach - white sand, protected coves, crystal clear water, swimming, snorkeling.
- Kontiki Beach - wavebreaker, watersports, diving, children, families, tropical beach.
- Lagun - calm shallow water, white sand, snorkeling, cove, shade, snack bar, fishing boats, snorkeling.
- Little Knip Beach - families, barbque, swimming, secluded, shade trees.
- Mambo Beach - white sand, coconut trees, calm water, snorkeling, nightlife.
- Port Marie - white sand, clear water, umbrellas, snorkeling & diving, suitable for children.
- Seaquarium Beach - 1600ft beach, white sand, palm trees, shallow water, good for kids, crowded at night.
- Westpunt Beach - pebbly beach below cliffs, clear water, not for swimming, little shade.
- Batibou - broad wide beach, shade trees, wading with shallow drop off, picnic.
- Champagne - course & rocky sand, calm water, palm trees, snorkeling, swimming.
- Hampstead Bay - grove of coconut trees on beach, golden sand and clear water, Pirates of Caribbean scenes shot here.
- Hodges - protected by reefs, great swimming snorkeling, secluded, and quiet.
- L'Anse Noire - sunny & scenic beautiful, strong currents, diving, snorkeling.
- L'Anse Tortue - golden sand with some black patches, scenic beach with deep blue water, watersports also known as Turtle Bay.
- Mero - long stretch gray sand, watersports, sunbathing, swimming, popular Sundays.
- Picard - gray sand, snorkeling, windsurfing, reefs near pier.
- Pointe Baptiste - private - 2 beaches with white sand & black sand, small cove, red sandstone boulders, quiet, secluded.
- Prince Rupert Bay - black sand, calm water, watersports.
- Purple - long black sand, coral reef protection, aquamarine water.
- Scotts Head - clear blue water, underwater walls, snorkeling, scuba.
- Soufriere - rocky black sand, clear blue water, scuba, swimming.
- Toucari - bubbly water from volcanic gases, coral covered rocks, snorkeling, small beach.
- Woodford Hill Bay - calm water, great beach for children & families.
- Bahorucco - miles of isolated undeveloped beach, course and golden rocky sand, surfing, swimming.
- Bayahibe - half crescent white sand fringed with coconut palms.
- Boca Chica - fine sand, hotels and bars, busy weekends, calm water, swimming.
- Cabarete - light golden sand with few palm trees, lots of beach bars & restaurants, windy and part of international windsurfing circuit.
- Dominicus - clear water with few waves and no untertow, 3 resorts share beach.
- Dorada - soft beige sand, resort area, watersports, reefs, snorkeling, winds for windsurfing, fishing, waterskiing.
- Eagles Bay - undeveloped beach in Jaragua Nat Park.
- Grande - long stretch powdery sand, cove with cliffs, beach shacks serve fresh fish, calm water in summer, busy Sundays.
- Las Terrenas - soft golden sand, postcard perfect, whale watching Jan-Apr, tall leaning palm trees.
- Punta Cana - miles of sand, coral cliffs, coconut palms, some beaches part of all-inclusive resorts, large waves at times.
- Sosua - natural harbor, coral reefs, busy, bars, swimming, snorkeling.
- Bathway - white sand, reef provides protected swimming, strong currents outside reef.
- Grand Anse - most famous, 2 miles of white sand, watersports, bars & restaurants.
- L'Anse aux Epines - palm lined, secluded white sand, calm water, good for children.
- La Sagesse - powdery white sand, larg palms for shade, shallow bay, bar & restaurant.
- Levera - deserted, off shore current, safety issues here accessible with 4 wheel drive.
- Magazine - white sand, small secluded bay, rough water, snorkeling on south end.
- Morne Rouge - 1/2 mile semi-circle enclosed bay, calm water, families, swimming.
- Pink Gin - horseshoe-shaped harbor, sand not pink, swimming, snorkeling, kayak.
- Sauteurs - white sand, onshore breeze, offshore currents, privacy, surfing.
- Anse la Roche - secluded cove, white sand, clear water, no facilities, good snorkeling.
- Beausejour Bay - large bay, light grey sand, is an outlet for the Beausejour river.
- Paradise - mile long strip, white sand, calm clear shallow water, beach bar.
- Petit Carenage - isolated, sand is tiny shells, nesting turtle tours, rough surf.
- Sandy Island - ring of white sand, water taxi, a few young palms, reef damage, picnic.
- Tyrell Bay - natural harbor, calm shallow clear water, sunbathing, shade.
- White Island - white coral sand, 10 acres, calm water, good snorkeling diving, picnic.
ST BARTHELEMY (ST BARTHS)
ST EUSTATIUS (STATIA)
ST MARTIN/ST MAARTEN
ST VINCENT & THE GRENADINES
TURKS AND CAICOS
U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS
PLAYA DEL CARMEN